It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Can Darwin be an official poster... again?
Poll ended at Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:59 am
Yes 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:59 am 
Offline
Redshirt
Redshirt
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Cash on hand:
145.14

Posts: 44
Location: Ralston, Nebraska, USA
Favorite Team: Nebraska Cornhuskers
See Darwin's poll
Hi, all. I made preseason picks, but haven't made any polls since while I get my ratings program put together. Now that it's done, I'm ready to make official polls, so I hereby request to become an official pollster. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:23 pm 
Offline
High School Player
High School Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:37 pm
Cash on hand:
51.30

Posts: 13
Favorite Team: Syracuse Orangemen
See wbuts54's poll
I vote yes but have a question. UCF #2? I like them too, I ranked them higher than most at #21. Do you just see them going undefeated and that ranking will justify itself in the coming weeks? Again, I don't hate the ranking, just curious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline
Junior
Junior

Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:49 pm
Cash on hand:
343.81

Bank:
7,632.31

Posts: 303
Favorite Team: None
See harryjunior's poll
I am a yes always a yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline
Heisman
Heisman

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:28 pm
Cash on hand:
1,975.81

Bank:
144,587.95

Posts: 1477
Favorite Team: Florida
See Crayton's poll
I will make you an official pollster pending completion of your 4th consecutive week of voting. No future request need be made this year.

The board may continue discussion of your methodology here.

_________________
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
--Proverbs 15:1

Fan Playoff Selection Committee // Wild Card Game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:11 am 
Offline
Heisman
Heisman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 am
Cash on hand:
15,003.64

Bank:
238,354.49

Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan
Favorite Team: University of Michigan --- GO BLUE
See PollMastaJ's poll
Crayton wrote:
I will make you an official pollster pending completion of your 4th consecutive week of voting. No future request need be made this year.

The board may continue discussion of your methodology here.

didn't we decide it only took 2 consecutive weeks to return as an official pollster, if you've been one in the past? maybe not...

_________________
The TEAM, the TEAM, the TEAM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:48 pm 
Offline
Heisman
Heisman

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:28 pm
Cash on hand:
1,975.81

Bank:
144,587.95

Posts: 1477
Favorite Team: Florida
See Crayton's poll
PollMastaJ wrote:
Crayton wrote:
I will make you an official pollster pending completion of your 4th consecutive week of voting. No future request need be made this year.

The board may continue discussion of your methodology here.

didn't we decide it only took 2 consecutive weeks to return as an official pollster, if you've been one in the past? maybe not...
It was replaced with a universal 4 week period in exchange for being able to miss 1 week without losing official status.

_________________
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
--Proverbs 15:1

Fan Playoff Selection Committee // Wild Card Game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 pm 
Offline
Redshirt
Redshirt
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Cash on hand:
145.14

Posts: 44
Location: Ralston, Nebraska, USA
Favorite Team: Nebraska Cornhuskers
See Darwin's poll
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Now that my rating program is up and running, I should be able to post every week.

Wbuts54: My ratings are based on a team's record against their qualify of competition. At the time I had UCF #2, they were 2-0 and gave their opponents their only loss of the season. Then they beat previously 3-0 Memphis. So now I have UCF at #1 because they're 3-0 and they gave their three opponents their only losses of the season. Will I think that will continue all season? No. But who knows?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline
Heisman
Heisman
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 am
Cash on hand:
15,003.64

Bank:
238,354.49

Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan
Favorite Team: University of Michigan --- GO BLUE
See PollMastaJ's poll
Once again, the "no" voter must provide an explanation in order to be tallied.

_________________
The TEAM, the TEAM, the TEAM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:51 am 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:27 pm
Cash on hand:
148.91

Posts: 86
Favorite Team: UCF
See KnightLife77's poll
Darwin wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. Now that my rating program is up and running, I should be able to post every week.

Wbuts54: My ratings are based on a team's record against their qualify of competition. At the time I had UCF #2, they were 2-0 and gave their opponents their only loss of the season. Then they beat previously 3-0 Memphis. So now I have UCF at #1 because they're 3-0 and they gave their three opponents their only losses of the season. Will I think that will continue all season? No. But who knows?


I like it maybe everybody will not see I have UCF number 2 and you can take all the heat lol. I am actually surprised that Clemson didn't jump to number 2 in my poll, I can usually guesstimate about where teams will end up before I even do the numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:33 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:07 pm
Cash on hand:
1,133.26

Posts: 502
Location: Margaritaville
Favorite Team: Ohio State FSU service academies
See CFBrocks's poll
UCF #2?????? I file a C'MON MAN?????

_________________
I will never regret getting older-not everyone gets that chance
If you love your freedom, thank a Vet God Bless Our Military(retired AF 1979-99)
Avatar is my team of the week


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:34 pm 
Offline
Senior
Senior
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:07 pm
Cash on hand:
1,133.26

Posts: 502
Location: Margaritaville
Favorite Team: Ohio State FSU service academies
See CFBrocks's poll
BUT FOR THE RECORD, i'LL GIVE A THUMBS UP FOR DARWIN

_________________
I will never regret getting older-not everyone gets that chance
If you love your freedom, thank a Vet God Bless Our Military(retired AF 1979-99)
Avatar is my team of the week


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:27 pm
Cash on hand:
148.91

Posts: 86
Favorite Team: UCF
See KnightLife77's poll
CFBrocks wrote:
BUT FOR THE RECORD, i'LL GIVE A THUMBS UP FOR DARWIN



LOL :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:35 pm 
Offline
Sophomore
Sophomore

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:42 pm
Cash on hand:
1,036.83

Posts: 221
Favorite Team: Clemson
See ASJTimm's poll
KnightLife77 wrote:
I like it maybe everybody will not see I have UCF number 2 and you can take all the heat lol. I am actually surprised that Clemson didn't jump to number 2 in my poll, I can usually guesstimate about where teams will end up before I even do the numbers.


Your poll remains a hot mess to me. What formula has Clemson BEAT Virginia Tech on the road and lose spots?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 pm 
Offline
Heisman
Heisman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:25 pm
Cash on hand:
11,870.13

Bank:
254,558.00

Posts: 1804
Favorite Team: Nevada Wolfpack
See NVWolfpack's poll
ASJTimm wrote:
KnightLife77 wrote:
I like it maybe everybody will not see I have UCF number 2 and you can take all the heat lol. I am actually surprised that Clemson didn't jump to number 2 in my poll, I can usually guesstimate about where teams will end up before I even do the numbers.


Your poll remains a hot mess to me. What formula has Clemson BEAT Virginia Tech on the road and lose spots?

And how did UCF and TCU jump Clemson?

_________________
Current top 5 According to WHO DESERVES IT:
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Washington
4. Penn St.
5. Georgia


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Request to become (again) an official pollster
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline
Freshman
Freshman
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:27 pm
Cash on hand:
148.91

Posts: 86
Favorite Team: UCF
See KnightLife77's poll
NVWolfpack wrote:

Your poll remains a hot mess to me. What formula has Clemson BEAT Virginia Tech on the road and lose spots?

And how did UCF and TCU jump Clemson?[/quote]

I wondered the same thing. I went back to make sure I didn't enter any numbers wrong and it all looked correct. It may just be the 3rd game blues since UCF is 2 games behind most teams due to Irma, hopefully it doesn't happen again this weekend with that storm in the gulf. This much is definitely true, Memphis and Va Tech were weighted almost identically for the SOS and UCF did better Versus their team. Not to mention all of UCF previous competition won their games and one of Clemsons did not. How they jumped TCU is the bigger mystery and I have yet to figure that one out. My top 6 were separated by less than a point so it was really tight. I honestly wouldn't call it a hot mess though because if I was picking my top 5 it would be Alabama, Clemson, TCU, Penn St. and Georgia. My top 20 look about right though I would probably include USC in there. They are just a bit out of order in some places. 21-25 is a little more inconsistent, but I expect UTSA to remain in my top 25. They should win all their remaining games until their final game versus La Tech which should be a toss up. Their biggest handicap is their SOS should be really bad looking at their schedule. UCF's problem is that their SOS is going to suffer from this point. Our next 2 games are against very weak teams that will hurt. All we really have left to bolster our numbers is Navy SMU and USF.

Clemson opponents 15-10
UCF opponents 9-3 (all losses to UCF)
Penn St. opponents 10-12
TCU opponents 10-4 with one FCS opponent.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group