It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Anybody want to take a SWAG......
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:32 pm 
Senior
Senior

Cash on hand:

Favorite Team: Ohio State FSU service academies
See CFBrocks's poll
...at how far Oklahoma drops?????

Post subject: Re: Anybody want to take a SWAG......
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Cash on hand:

Favorite Team: UCF
See KnightLife77's poll
I say the AP poll keeps them the same because it's Oklahoma

The coaches probably drop them one spot and put FSU there because they played a tough game against Miami and deserve to be there.

In all honesty they won't drop far enough. The Baylor game should have been a big red flag for that defense. Without thinking about it to much I would probably put them around 22 or 23, but I expect the AP and coaches drops them to 9-13 range.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:15 pm 
Senior
Senior

Cash on hand:

See CFBrocks's poll
coaches have OU #12 and drop Michigan to 16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:16 pm 
Senior
Senior

Cash on hand:

See CFBrocks's poll
KnightLife77 wrote:
I say the AP poll keeps them the same because it's Oklahoma

The coaches probably drop them one spot and put FSU there because they played a tough game against Miami and deserve to be there.

In all honesty they won't drop far enough. The Baylor game should have been a big red flag for that defense. Without thinking about it to much I would probably put them around 22 or 23, but I expect the AP and coaches drops them to 9-13 range.

BTW-I'm about an hour north of Cincinnati and it was raining pretty good last night. No lightning though

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Cash on hand:

See KnightLife77's poll
I am disappointed that the UCF Cincinnati game was called in the 3rd quarter. Wanted to see if UCF could score on every drive for a full game. The bearcats have really hit a low for their program in football, but they can always looks forward to basketball season. I am sure they can rebuild that program under the new coaching staff, but by the looks of it, it may take a few years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:42 am 
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cash on hand:

Favorite Team: Clemson
See ASJTimm's poll
It's truly one of the tougher ranking conundrums of the last few years. Ohio State, other than their loss to Oklahoma, has pretty well demolished whoever they played. At the same time, Oklahoma established itself as the better team when the two played on Ohio State's home field. So while I can certainly see where Oklahoma probably should drop further than they will, I don't know how you can really do that without taking Ohio State with them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:38 am 
Freshman
Freshman

Cash on hand:

See KnightLife77's poll
ASJTimm wrote:
It's truly one of the tougher ranking conundrums of the last few years. Ohio State, other than their loss to Oklahoma, has pretty well demolished whoever they played. At the same time, Oklahoma established itself as the better team when the two played on Ohio State's home field. So while I can certainly see where Oklahoma probably should drop further than they will, I don't know how you can really do that without taking Ohio State with them.

You said it already. Ohio st. Is rolling everybody except that one game while Oklahoma has struggled since that game. A poor showing against a bad Baylor team and losing to what is normally one of the worst football programs any any conference Iowa St. now Iowa St. does appear to have a better team than normal, but if you want to do the whole A beat B then you should rank Iowa ahead of Iowa St. since they beat them Iowa St. above Oklahoma and Oklahoma above Ohio St.

7 Iowa
8 Iowa St.
9 Oklahoma
10 Ohio St.

Look good?

With the way Iowa has played this year they could end up ranked highly, but they do have to play Ohio St. which I don't see them winning. The rest are winnable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:29 am 
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cash on hand:

Favorite Team: Clemson
See ASJTimm's poll
Iowa and Iowa State both have more than one loss to account for, though. I'm just talking about comparing teams with similar records and where to rank them. When I'm deciding where to place Oklahoma, I have to consider Ohio State because they have identical records. Since Oklahoma beat Ohio State, decisively, in Ohio State's stadium, I can't reasonably drop Oklahoma below them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 pm 
Freshman
Freshman

Cash on hand:

See KnightLife77's poll
ASJTimm wrote:
Iowa and Iowa State both have more than one loss to account for, though. I'm just talking about comparing teams with similar records and where to rank them. When I'm deciding where to place Oklahoma, I have to consider Ohio State because they have identical records. Since Oklahoma beat Ohio State, decisively, in Ohio State's stadium, I can't reasonably drop Oklahoma below them.

I can live with that reason. I will have to respectfully disagree just based on the performances from both teams since their meeting. At any time Oklahoma might be able to fix their defense which will right their ship because their offense is definitely championship caliber.

Iowa's 2 losses are to Penn St. and Michigan St. by a total of 10 points. Wouldn't be surprised if the pass Wisconsin in the west and go to the big 10 championship game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:07 pm 
Heisman
Heisman

Cash on hand:

Bank:

Favorite Team: University of Michigan --- GO BLUE
See PollMastaJ's poll
ASJTimm wrote:
I can certainly see where Oklahoma probably should drop further than they will, I don't know how you can really do that without taking Ohio State with them.

that's what I ended up doing. I'm also confused by how many people still have Michigan above Michigan St when it's pretty clear that Notre Dame was not a bad loss.